The BaseB self-service points are designed to aid the re-organisation and innovation process of public administrations through the use of advanced technology (e-government) accessible to everybody and for everybody.
The BaseB points make it possible to improve communication between public bodies and citizens and can provide all the information and services quickly and effectively.
- It allows access to services and information to any citizen, paying particular attention to ensuring use to disabled persons and to persons not very familiar with technology;
- It provides counter services, forming an alternative or complementary channel to the counter itself like printing self-certifications, forms, paying fines...;
- It allows access to services and information, also in a customised way through personal card;
- It can collect, fully respecting privacy, the opinions of citizens about the services offered through survey tools to assess their degree of satisfaction;
- It is possible to make emergency and rescue calls;
- It makes available to everybody use of the Internet and of the relevant site;
- It allows higher visibility of information of various kinds (events, assemblies, meetings...),
through the use of an interactive digital notice board;
- Reduction of queues at the counters owing to the provision of services and information through self-service (self-certification, payment of fines ...);
- operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- promotion of the area, events, typical products, local handicrafts and products;
- collection of citizens’ opinions and participation in matters of general interest (e-democracy).