The BaseB self-service points are designed to allow the payment of health system services conveniently, quickly and with the highest degree of privacy.
- They offer the possibility to carry out all the functions of the CUP (Single Booking Centre) also in the absence of operators: booking at any time of specialist examinations, tests and other health services;
- they ensure the possibility of collecting prescription charges;
- they offer the possibility to make payments in electronic money (prepaid cards, ATM cards, credit cards);
- they can provide information about the healthcare facilities (departments, internal services...);
- they allow entertainment and information functions in waiting rooms;
- they can promote preventive actions and give health advice;
- they can print self-certifications.
- Automatic management of the payment of health system prescription charges;
- reduction of queues at counters owing to the provision of self-service functions;
- direct visibility of the services for patients and accompanying persons (hotels, restaurants, chemist’s...) also with the possibility to directly book the accommodation facility chosen;
- operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- immediate location of departments and internal services;
- promotion of preventive actions;
- use of the Internet by everybody through limited and controlled access;
- multilingual reading (reception of foreigners).